Disclaimer: This post is filled with foul language. If your sensibilities are tender, I suggest you take a pass.
Pet Peeves is the one of the few blogs of the year where I bitch, whine and generally complain. I try to keep this a positive space, but I need to vent about this once a year. It’s that one blog post of the year where I let loose and bitch about the little things that annoy me, piss me off or just aggravate me to the point of distraction. Yes, this post will be filled with foul language, and yes, you are supposed to laugh, snicker and get a chuckle out of these. Everyone has Pet Peeves, but I am bold enough to share mine. Share yours in the comments. Share this blog and make the world a better place…for me <snicker>. I frankly don’t care whether you agree with me or not, I just like to get this off my chest once a year. If you see something that I posted in another Pet Peeves post, it’s because it STILL pisses me off.
- Noisy eaters. I loathe people who chomp, slurp and chew with their mouths open. I know I am not alone in this one. My sister has the same peeve.
- Not following through. If you say you are going to do something, fucking do it!
- No place to hang my purse. For fuck’s sake, put hooks under the bar! On a true bar stool there is no “back of the chair” to hang your bag and I don’t want it there where it might walk away.
- Not taking care of clients in the order they bellied up to the bar (Tits McGee at my local is famous for only waiting on the men and ignoring the women).
- Local bars with nothing local on tap. With the explosion of local breweries in every corner of the country, you should be able to get something local or regional on tap at your neighborhood bar.
- Crap on tap. If you are going to drink shitty, mass produced beer (BMC – Bud, Miller, Coors), you should have to drink it from a bottle or can and pay the upcharge for that. Bars who take up valuable tap space for crap piss me off too.
- Stop acting like PBR tastes good. You are only drinking it because it is cheap and you are either hipster or you are cheap.
- Grammatical and spelling errors by paid journalists. Generally they have an editor or proofreader who should be catching the mistakes. At the very least they have spell check on their word processing software. (I can forgive bloggers on this one.)
I am completely over molecular gastronomy. It’s cool and all, but it is a very expensive way to turn already fabulous ingredients into something utterly ridiculous.
- Paying for parking REALLY pisses me off. Basically you are paying to rent a space to put your car when you are already spending money in an establishment. I get paying for city street parking meters and truly have no problem with those, but Disney? Casinos? Six Flags? Hotels when you are a guest? Malls? You have got to be fucking kidding me!
- People who complain about politicians but don’t vote. If you don’t vote, you lose your right to complain to me. Shut the Fuck up!
- Nitpicking over the check. If you like someone well enough to sit down to eat with them in public, splitting the check evenly should be acceptable. Chances are you are going to eat with them again, so even if you “only had a salad” it will all come out in the wash later.
Please share YOUR pet peeves in the comments section!